Matching couple tattoos have a twofold character: some scoff at the idea of conventionally linking up with another person in this symbolic way; others consider the act to be super romantic and a manifestation of the highest degree of trust. If you are from the second category, you will find it useful and interesting to read the information on this web page, as well as be inspired by the sketches of matching tattoo ideas for couples.
Table of Contents (clickable)
- 1 Tattoo Ideas
- 1.1 Matching Wrist Tattoos
- 1.2 Matching Heart Tattoos
- 1.3 Matching Infinity Tattoos
- 1.4 The infinity symbol is a great choice for couples as it represents everlasting love and unity. You could get the symbol tattooed on each wrist or ankle, or even on opposite shoulders. Matching Feather Tattoos
- 1.5 Matching Arrow Tattoos
- 1.6 Matching Celtic Knot Tattoos
- Paired animals of different genders (for example, a guy can tattoo a deer with antlers and a girl, a doe)
- A cat and a dog, but in the same tattoo style (each of the couple tattoo one of the animals)
- Key and lock
- Whales in different colors but the same styles
- Moon and stars (one gets a tattoo of the moon, the other gets a tattoo of stars)
- Uma Thurman and John Travolta from “Pulp Fiction” (the snippet when they dance can be styled and tattooed to each one of the pair with a character)
- Geometric patterns in the same places but different colors
- The same sketch can be styled in different colors: a guy, for example, gets a tattoo with black tattoo ink, while the girl – with colored tattoo using bright tattoo inks.
What not to tattoo:
- Each other’s names
- Completely identical tattoos (it would be more stylish to individualize each of your designs to make them different)
- Something that goes against your tastes, principles, or likes, but your partner likes
If you’re considering getting matching tattoos with your partner, check out these ideas for inspiration.
Matching Wrist Tattoos
These matching tattoos can be placed anywhere on the body, however many people prefer their wrists because not only does it hold a special place in their hearts, but it’s also one of the most visible areas. There are a few different designs you can choose from. For example, you could get two simple designs that intertwine together or go with something more intricate and complex.
Matching Heart Tattoos
Hearts are a very popular symbol for couples and can be easily incorporated into a matching tattoo. You could go for a simple outline of a heart or get something more detailed with a design inside the heart. You could also choose to have each person’s name tattooed on either side of the heart as a really personal touch.
Matching Infinity Tattoos
The infinity symbol is a great choice for couples as it represents everlasting love and unity. You could get the symbol tattooed on each wrist or ankle, or even on opposite shoulders.
Matching Feather Tattoos
Feathers are a beautiful and symbolic tattoo choice. They represent both freedom and connection, which are two of the most important things in any relationship. You could get a single feather as a matching tattoo or you could get a design that incorporates multiple feathers.
Matching Arrow Tattoos
Arrows have multiple meanings, but when it comes to couples, they often symbolize the journey that the two of you are on together. You could get two arrows that are intertwined or have one arrow pointing in the direction of your partner. This design would be a great representation of your love and commitment to each other.
Matching Celtic Knot Tattoos
Celtic knot tattoos are another popular choice for couples as they are both beautiful and meaningful. For example, a knot could represent the family while the other knot represents love. So you can choose your own meaning for your couple.