There are numerous ways to create temporary tattoos, but trending all over TikTok right now is one method you can likely achieve with items you have around your house right now. All you need is an inkjet printer and a bit of perfume, and you’re ready to cover your skin with some temporary art - and you’ll smell great, too!
Table of Contents (clickable)
- Best Temporary Tattoo Brands
- How To Remove Temporary Tattoos
- How To Make Temporary Tattoos Last Longer
- How To Make Temporary Tattoos With Printer
Temporary tattoos are an excellent way to test out:
- Your potential commitment to the piece
- Color with your skin tone
They are also a painless way to get creative with skin with little to no commitment required. In particular, a temporary tattoo that you create with perfume can last around two days to just over a week.
If you’re looking for additional methods for making temporary tattoos, you should check out our article: How To Make Temporary Tattoos.
How to Make a Temporary Tattoo with Perfume
It’s become all the rage on the social media platform TikTok: making temporary tattoos with perfume. Who knew it could be so easy to get commitment-free creativity on your skin! All you need to successfully make these temporary tattoos are paper, an inkjet printer, and, of course, the perfume of your choice. The higher the alcohol content, the more successful the process will be.
- Find the Design
Whether you’re creating your own design or finding one you like on the internet, choose and size your design carefully. Consider your placement when you are adjusting the size of your temporary tattoo. If you’re looking for some ideas, you may want to consider a website like FreeTattooDesigns.org.
Print the design and cut around it so it’s ready for application.
- Soak Your Design
There are a few steps to follow when it comes to wetting your design. First, it needs to be sprayed with perfume. Be sure to spray the side that you will be applying to your skin. Eau de Toilettes and colognes tend to have a higher alcohol content which helps with making this process more effective.
Then, soak your design in hot water. Allow it to sit in the hot water for around two to three minutes.
- The Final Spritz
Once your stencil has finished soaking in the water for the allotted time, remove it carefully and spray it again with more perfume. In addition, you should spray the part of your skin you want it to stick to. Place it ink-side down and give it a final spritz on the back of the paper.
- Warm Towel
Place a warm towel over the stencil. Do not rub the tattoo as this may cause the stencil to shift and will ruin the design. Just pat the warm towel on the stencil and allow it to sit there for a few minutes.
- Peel the Stencil
Slowly remove the towel and peel back the stencil. Pat it dry with a paper towel. You can also choose to set the tattoo with non-toxic baby powder or makeup setting spray if you wish.
- Enjoy Your Temporary Tattoo!
The tattoo can last over a week if it is taken care of carefully, which means avoiding getting it wet when possible, not scratching the area, and avoiding exfoliants. In the same manner, it can easily be removed with antibacterial soap and water and a little bit of scrubbing.
Frequently Asked Questions About Perfume Temporary Tattoos
- Are perfume tattoos safe? - Unfortunately, this depends on your own sensitivity to the perfume itself. Since perfumes can contain fragrances, which can be made up of numerous chemicals, you can only be sure whether it’s safe for your skin by performing a patch test prior to putting on the temporary tattoo.
It’s recommended that you perform the patch test on the inside of your elbow and monitor the area for 48 hours for any allergic reactions.
- What kind of perfume is best? - Any kind of perfume will work but the higher the alcohol content, the longer the design will stick to your skin. Eau de toilette or cologne might be best for this temporary tattoo project. Keep in mind that you will be using a lot of the product, so you don’t want to go with a very expensive brand!
- Are perfume tattoos the only temporary tattoo I can make from home? - Absolutely not! There are numerous methods that allow you to create temporary tattoos with items you have available at home. Check out our complete article on other ways to make temporary tattoos.
Our Final Thoughts
Perfume temporary tattoos are an easy and sweet-smelling way to get a fun tattoo design with little commitment. Get creative and experiment with designs and placements. Maybe this experience will make you want to consider the real thing, one day!