Jade Chanel P is a tattoo artist based out of the UK. What drew us to her as an artist was her distinct line-work style and love for nature! Read a bit more about Jade and her work below. You can shop her tattoo line here!
1. How did you get started as a tattoo artist?
I got my first large tattoo when I was 21! That’s when I met Ken Carlos and JP who I work with now. I learnt a lot from them. I was instantly drawn to black and grey tattooing and it slowly became an obsession. The more I got tattooed, the more I fell for the industry.. Thats where it all started..
2. What are your favorite types of pieces to work on?
I love tattooing organic forms, especially botanicals. They are timeless and they always flow so naturally with the forms of the body.
3. Describe your style in 5 words or less.
Illustrative, dotty, delicate.
4. How does it feel wearing your work as temporary tattoos rather than real tattoos?
It’s SO cool! I can move them to different places each time and whenever someone asks to see some of my work, I can point to my temp tattoos!
5. What words do you live by?
“Art is my religion.” I’m lucky enough to do a job I absolutely love. Not a day goes by where i’m not creating new things or thinking about it. Art/tattooing has changed my life in a way I never knew was possible. I strongly believe to be great, you must surround yourself with greatness. And I am, working at Lowrider Tattoo London!
6. If you were a drink, what type of drink would you be and why?
I’d be an elderflower pressé. Sweet, refreshing but an acquired taste. Haha
7. Tattooing a real person for the first time seems sort of nerve wracking. What was your first tattoo to skin experience like?
It was nerve wracking because it was my own leg!! Saying that, I had to make it the best tattoo I could at the time because id have to live with it forever!
8. What’s the most random tattoo request you’ve gotten?
Hmm.. I haven’t had any random as such but I do get asked to do a lot of impossible cover-ups. I dunno, maybe people feel I have magical powers.
9. Where do you draw your inspiration from?
I draw inspiration from everything really. Travels, books, instagram, my colleagues! The guys at Lowrider Tattoo are incredibly talented individuals and they all have very different ways of working. I get to draw inspiration from all angles. It’s a very exciting journey!
10. How do you know when a tattoo is complete?
I’m a perfectionist so I basically stare at it and pick at it until i’m satisfied. I always have it in the back of my mind that other artists will pick it apart once I post it online! >.<
11. Any advice for aspiring tattoo artists?
Draw everyday and get tattooed as much as you can! An apprenticeship is crucial!